Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Politics

Ben is really into politics. He loves it. He's always sending me articles about various issues and candidates. I do find what he sends me to be interesting, but I still don't have quite the politics fever that my husband does. Still, I think I could really get into this next presidential campaign.

I was browsing on my friend's sister's (do you like that?) hilarious blog and came across a post that I wholeheartedly agree with. So I will second her opinion. On a superficial level, I hope the 2008 election comes down to these two:





I'm not exactly proud of my reason for favoring these two, but I can't deny it either. These are good looking men, and that's all there is to it. I think their inclusion in the Presidential race would really benefit me from an educational stand-point too. I would be unprecedentedly aware of all the political issues because I would most certainly tune in to all the interviews. I wouldn't forget to Tivo debates like I did when Bush and Kerry were running (but really, what was my incentive to watch then?).

This all reminds me of an embarassing moment from many years ago when I was a sophomore at BYU. One of Romney's sons (don't remember which one) was friends with one of my roommates. Or maybe he was friends with one of her siblings or friends or something. I don't know, the connection is pretty loose. But for whatever reason, he was over at my apartment one day. And after he left I immediately turned to my other roommate (do you remember this Annie?) and started going on... and on... and on about how good-looking he was (takes after his dad!). Well, he had stopped to talk to someone right outside the window I was sitting (and gushing about him) in front of. Come to find out later, of course, that the window was open.

12 comments:

Pops Stargell said...

Riiiight. This coming from the same person who forgot to Tivo the debate last week...even though I called her 12 minutes before it started to remind her.

P.S. John Edwards doesn't have a chance, so get your fill of his goofy mug now.

Amy Christine said...

Well, the debate last week also included 9 far-less-attractive candidates. When the percentage of handsome is 100% it will be a much bigger draw. :)

Just so you know, Babe, I think you're even MORE handsome than Romney or Edwards. And that's saying a lot!

Steph said...

While I fully agree with Romney being the best Republican candidate, I have to strongly disagree with Edwards...not a strong competitor in my eyes at all! GO OBAMA! I think I may actually vote Democrat in this election...don't tell my dad and Ben thinks I am nuts! ;)

Amy Christine said...

Don't worry Stephanie, I'm not making any political statement here. My choice of candidates is purely based on their good looks at this point (but I promise it won't be on my ballot). And Edwards clearly beats Obama there.

Jenn S. said...

Amy it had to have been his son Josh. He was at BYU at the same time as us and He *does* look like a model . . .

oh yeah - back to politics.

Joy said...

You don't find Obama the least bit attractive? Did you see the pics of him at the beach in Hawaii...not half bad! Although you are right...he doesn't really compare to Romney or Edwards! Obviously, I've put a lot of thought in to my vote for the next election! :) Miss you!

Ashby said...

Political eye candy! I love it! Although I don't know about John Edwards and his $400 hair cuts....I can barely justify a $40 hair cut for that matter. But I do like your thinking....

Amy Christine said...

Joy, I actually do find Obama attractive... he just comes in 2nd to Edwards. If he beats Edwards I'll still tune in to the debates. :)

Brooklyn - "political eye candy" - ha ha ha!!!

Ashby said...

I guess I was signed in with my other gmail account I use for eBay - thus the reason Brooklyn's name came up instead of mine - LOL! Definitely "political eye candy", there's no better way to describe it!

The Giles said...

Amy - I wish I did remember that. I think it was Josh who was friends with Johnny. That is hilarious that he was standing outside while you were gushing over him. I have done similar things.

The Giles said...

PS - I think I know whose sister's blog you were spying on. She is hilarious huh!

Amy Christine said...

Annie, I'm not kidding - I've become a total blog-spy on Rebecca's blog. HILARIOUS.