So last week I experienced my first hurricane. Very exciting. We were basically right in the path of Hurricane Ike, but we live far enough inland that we didn't have to evacuate or anything. Still, we knew we would lose power and all that so we were sure to stock up on water and pantry-type food and all that good stuff.
The hurricane conveniently coincided with me being totally sick so I spent the night lying in bed, kind of half-conscious. It was, obviously, the craziest storm I have ever heard! I thought for sure at a couple of different points during the night that our windows were going to blow in, but they didn't. My little boys slept through the entire thing.
We were very fortunate that we didn't have any damage done to our home or yard. There are lots of fences and some trees down in our area, but overall things are fine. We were also very lucky to only lose power for 20 hours. Not bad! Although we do have friends that are still without power, and many stores and restaurants in the area are still without.
Anyway, I just wanted to update because my friend Jenn asked me to. :) Thanks for your concern, Jenn!
P.S. I know I'm a crappy blogger. I still have several posts in my head that I have yet to type out. I'll get to it eventually.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
good to hear you are safe babe! sorry to hear you were sick. hope you are feeling better now. jim is applying to some ped programs in texas so maybe i can live by you if im lucky!
I was worried about you too Amy, thanks for updating us and letting us know that you are okay. Aren't hurricanes crazy? The first week we got to DC five years ago hurricane Isabel hit and it was nuts!! Glad everyone is okay and I hope you are feeling better.
p.s. your boys get cuter everyday
Glad to hear all is well!
I'm so glad you updated and that you are safe and sound! I've been checking your blog every day hoping you guys were doing ok. Sorry to hear about you being sick. That totally sucks!
We are so glad that all of you are ok and safe. Grandma was pretty stressed at the thought of you being in IKE's path. I'm sorry you were sick, I hope you are feeling better.
LOL
I'm glad you guys are okay. We were thinking about you!
i am happy you guys didn't have much trouble. although i must admit that i was kind of hoping you'd be without power for a while so that you and the boys would come visit me.
see? I wasn't the only one worried about our Hoston friends! ;)
So glad that you guys didn't have it too bad - the weather was even crappy up here that weekend, so I can't imagine how bad it would be down by you . . .
And I too was a little bummed that it wasn't worse - I was hoping for some visitors!
PS - Are you coming up for the BYU v.TCU game too? I'm super excited for it!
Crazy! Glad you guys didn't have any damage.
Post a Comment