Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh Happy Day!


Glee starts back up tonight. This is the BestShowEver™.

I’m doubly excited about it because tonight Idina Menzel is guest starring. She played Elpha on Broadway’s Wicked, which I was fairly obsessed with. I saw it twice (in Chicago) and I’m pretty sure Noah had the soundtrack memorized as a fetus. And since my obsession had not subsided until well after his birth – even now it just lies dormant, but it’s still there – he would rock out to Wicked with me in the car, babbling along with the words, banging his little fists to the rhythm and laughing at all the right places.

If anyone wants to come over and join me tonight for a Glee party, you know where I’ll be!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

popular! i know about popular...

Amy Christine said...

Rach, that's the song that Noah would crack up to as a baby. It was so funny - when Glinda started laughing, Noah would start laughing right on cue.

Ashby said...

I'm so excited! Ryan refuses to watch it with me, so as soon as our first program is over (LOST) I'm sending him away so I can get some GLEE. I can't wait!

The Giles said...

O.k., so I watched it last night after hearing all the hype. And while I do love the music and seeing Idina Menzel, I was left wondering. Really??? People love this. It's SO cheezy. No offense.

Amy Christine said...

Annie, I do have to admit that I was a little bit disappointed with the episode. It fell short of last season, but hopefully that was a fluke. And I still love the show (but then I'm kind of cheezy). :)

Liza Jane said...

I was so excited to find out Glee was back on! I thought I'd have to wait until the fall or something. I noticed Elphaba (she'll always be Elphaba to me) was listed as a regular actor and not a guest star. Do you think we'll get to hear her sing? I'm thinking some duet with Will....

Amy Christine said...

LJ, I heard that she's going to be Rachel's birth mother. So maybe a duet with Will or maybe something about her being Rachel's mom? I'm not sure if that's true or not, I may be totally off. I actually thought of you when I saw that she was going to be on it because I know you're a fellow Wicked AND Glee fan. :)