Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Astros Game

Monday night Ben and I went to an Astros game. It was really fun, and so nice to have a long evening alone with my hubby. Ben's company had reserved a section and had catering included. Now, that's the way to watch a ballgame! I forgot my camera (yes, we finally bought a new one) so no pictures. Well, unless you want to go to the Astros website and look for the ones that the ballpark-camera-lady took and posted on the fansite (I tried to save them to my hard drive to post here but it wouldn't let me. Copyright, schmopyright). Our pictures are here (6th row) and here (3rd row).

Truth be told, the Astros suck. They got creamed by the Dodgers. It was still fun just to be there though. I actually really enjoy watching live baseball. I was bummed when, going into the 9th inning, the Astros were down 10-0. Not that I care about them losing (because I really don't), but Ben told me that when an Astros player hits a homerun, the train that sits on the back wall of the stadium does a celebratory run across the wall. So I had wanted to see that. Well, they came through for me and someone (I haven't a clue who) hit a 2-run homer in the bottom of the 9th. The train started a-chuggin'. Chug... chug... chug... And that's it. The slowest, most anti-climactic chug across the wall that you can possibly imagine. Maybe it realized there was no chance the team would make up another 8 runs before the game was over and just thought, "What's the point?" That's what it seemed to say anyway, as it made its obligatory ride across the wall. What a let-down.

Still, fun night. Yummy food. Great date.

No comments: