Monday, November 05, 2007

Trick-or-Treating

On Halloween I took the boys out trick-or-treating with my friend Natalee while Ben stayed home to pass candy out to the other neighborhood kids. It was fun to trick-or-treat around a neighborhood this year (last year was a total flop around the apartments, remember?). Someone had told me I should dress up like a tree so that Sam could be a monkey-in-a-tree. I thought it was an awesome idea so Natalee helped me tape leaves all over myself. The costume only lasted for 3 houses. At that point, I realized that a) nobody got it (I took an informal poll and was 0 for 3) and b) it was definitely not puffy-hooded-vest weather so I was quite uncomfortable. On our way out of the cul-de-sac I ran back home to ditch the costume. We trick-or-treated on a couple of streets and then Noah announced, "Okay, that's enough candy." So we came home and ate some pumpkin pie. Yum, yum.

Monkey in a tree (get it??)
Family picture (Ben, again, dressed as himself)
Sam ready to ditch his costume
The boys examining their spoils
Our friends, the Stephens trick-or-treating at our house

3 comments:

JT said...

The kids look adorable! I wish that it was too hot here for a sweatshirt or long sleeves for that matter. Oh well... at least it hasn't really started snowing yet. Glad to see that everything is going well!!!

Anonymous said...

Well for what it's worth, I like the tree costume! Your kiddos look adorable dressed up!

Ashby said...

I loved all the actch up posts....

Reminds me that I need to play catch up too...

Love the tree costume! It's adorable, especially with the perching monkey. And Noah makes the perfect Woody!