Thursday, January 24, 2008

Poor Baby

Noah was so exhausted by mid-day today (after an early morning filled with throwing up) that he fell asleep in the middle of climbing up on the living room sofa!

It is days like today that make me particularly grateful that I was born after the invention of washing machines. I've done six loads of laundry relating directly to Noah's puking (he managed to get it all over himself and me, twice, and all over his bedding and mine - two comforters and one pillow included, naturally). Seriously, what did mothers do before washing machines, Zout and Tide?

My poor little guy threw up again this afternoon (on the tile, fortunately, so it required no extra laundry; although I did have to throw away my Skip-Bo cards which he was playing with). A little while later I asked him if he felt like he needed to throw up again. Noah politely declined, "Um, no thank you!" like I was offering him the option.

So far Sam has escaped the bug and is feeling just fine, as you can see (keeping my fingers crossed).


This little guy is getting to be so funny. He says a few words now ("yeah" - which he will say if you ask him basically anything with the proper inflection, "uh-oh," "i don't know," "baseball," "basketball" and a few others that he can repeat after hearing them first). He also "reads" Blue Hat Green Hat by Sandra Boynton and it's so adorable. He can't say any of the words in the book, but he babbles using the same voice inflections that I use when I read it to him, changing his tone of voice at all the right spots. Oh, and he also plays a game of "swipe" with Ben and Noah where they take food off his highchair and yell, "Swipe!" Sam has his own way of saying "swipe" and he just laughs and laughs. Funny kid!

3 comments:

Ashby said...

Poor Noah! I'm with you on the washer and dryer thing. But I guess they didn't know any better than to use a bucket and a rock.

Karyn said...

Hooray for washers and dryers! My favorite barf-time trick... (actually I think I learned it from you for cribs) layer top to bottom: sheet, mattress pad, sheet, mattress pad... so it is easy and quick to peel off the ick and have the bed ready to go at 3am.
Get well. Saty well.

Lindsey from The R House said...

that first picture is the funniest thing i have ever seen! i seriously laughed out loud.

(found you through ashby's blog, btw.)