This is what the poor froggie must have looked like right before my shoe came down on it.Surprisingly, they squash rather easily. Ew, ew, ew.
This is actually not my first altercation with an animal while out running. (As a side note, many of you are likely astonished that I have now twice used the phrase "out running" so willy-nilly, like it's just a part of my normal existence. But I will have you know that for the past couple of months now it IS a part of my normal existence. Shocking, I know, but I have been running faithfully 3-4 times a week. I'm up to doing between 3 and 4 miles. Feel free to be proud of me. I'm pretty proud of myself. And credit must be given to my marathon-superstar-running-partner/trainer Jamie).
Anyway, so back to my animal altercation. A couple of weeks ago I was running along when all of a sudden I heard this loud swooshing in my ear. I turned my head and a bird was right there, trying to land on my ponytail! The stupid thing tried landing on me one more time before it realized that I was moving (wildly and embarassingly at this point) and was not, in fact, a tree. Finally it figured things out and opted for the more stationary lamp post.
So apparantly I need to watch out for little creatures.
7 comments:
This grossed me out. Ick.
That's pretty awesome. I'm still haunted by the time I stepped on a cricket in my socks in the garage. I could really feel the squish and my dad was quite alarmed by the screaming. I am proud of you for your newfound love of running. Go hotmama!
superstar? let's get serious, now.
Oh, you're a superstar. Anyone who qualifies for and runs the Boston marathon (or any marathon for that matter!) is a superstar in my book. See you tomorrow at 6. :)
i think it's a sign that we're not meant to exercise. at least that's what i'm going to tell myself to justify my lack of physical activity.
ummm.. i could hear the "squish" in my head... gross!
You're running! I am so proud of you! And ew about the frog.
Post a Comment