Thursday, October 26, 2006
Rain, Rain, Go Away
It is pouring outside right now! We are having a great thunderstorm. Contrary to what my title would make you think, I actually love listening to the rain - when I'm nice and dry inside of course. This morning, however, that was not the case. It's been raining off and on all day. Well, after the rain stopped this morning I went walking with my friend Joy. We were having a lovely time just chatting away when the rain very suddenly returned full-force. I'm not talking about light showers either - I'm talking about a torrential downpour. It was crazy! Fortunately I had a rain cover for my double stroller so my boys stayed nice and dry. For some reason, though, Noah found the rain cover extremely offensive and kept trying to kick it off. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem because the cover is made to attach really securely to the stroller, but I had Sam's carseat clicked into his side of the stroller and I don't think the rain cover is meant to fit when the carseat attachment is there. So between that and Noah's incessent kicking, Joy and I had to hold the rain cover down. We must have been quite the sight, me pushing the stroller from behind, Joy running alongside it holding the cover on. I'm not actually sure why we bothered to run because we were completely drenched anyway - it's not like we would have been less wet if we got inside sooner. It was all very comical. I can't remember the last time I got stuck in such a heavy rainstorm. When we finally got inside Noah looked at me and said very simply, "Mama's wet."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Aim.
One Manhattan Christmas I decided that Ryan had to have the Little People Garage or Christmas just wouldn't be right. I loaded Ryan & Lauren in the double Maclaren snug as could be and headed down to Toys R Us--maybe 20 blocks away. As soon as I stepped outside the store it started POURING. There were no cabs and I had this HUGE package. I walked the whole way home trying to balance the box on the hood of my stroller. Ryan basically had the same "Mama Wet" comment when we fianlly got home. But. . .at least Christmas went off without a hitch!
I would have loved to have a picture of that!! Is that Joy Larkin?
This reminds me of a hurricane when Ben and his brothers played football in the street in front of our home with waist deep water and MUD! When they wanted to come in, I made them strip down and rinse off before entering! What a mean old Mom I was! I love the rain, too. It's a good time to read a good book!
Post a Comment