Sunday, February 04, 2007

Movie Reviews

I'm back to Texas and back to blogging (finally!). The boys and I had such a great time in California with my family. It's always so sad to leave, but it's made easier by the fact that we miss Ben so much and are so happy to be going home to him. My hubby's a trooper for living without his family for so long when we go out on these trips.

One of the FABULOUS things about visiting my family is the abundance of willing babysitters I have all around me. An extra pair of hands (or two or three) is so helpful with two little boys! Plus, while I was there I was able to do many things with one or two less kids with me. I went to the gym, went shopping, went out to lunch, ran errands, and hung out at my sister's house after putting the boys to bed for the night. It was especially nice to do things during naps. And Noah was in heaven getting to go to the park with Grampie so much.

The best treat of all was going to not one, not two, but THREE movies. Here are a few movie reviews for you:

1) Dreamgirls - I saw this with my mom and we both really liked it. We're both musical lovers though, so if you're not you may not like it as much. But I'm a sucker for singing and dancing and all that so I thought it was great. And a good plotline too. Of course, my mom came straight home and did some research on The Supremes (which the movie was supposedly based on).

2) Night at the Museum - I saw this with my sister, brother-in-law, nieces, and Sam (Noah was napping at home with Grammie and Grampie, but he can't do long movies yet anyway). ADORABLE. It's based on a great children's book of the same name. This movie was seriously so good I would have seen it even without kids with me. Really cute, really funny. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson were both great.

3) The Queen - Sooooo good. This one was my favorite. The movie itself is really excellent and should win Best Picture, but the experience was so fun too. I saw it with my mom and my sister (thanks, Dad, for watching all the kids!). We brought Chipotle into the theatre with us (no one seemed to care for some reason) and ate lunch while we watched the movie which was so fun. We decided when I live near them someday we're going to do this once a week. Another reason I think I liked the movie so much was that my late grandmother (my mom's mom) looked exactly like Queen Elizabeth. Seriously, she did. It's really weird but they could literally pass for twins. If I had a digital picture of my grandma I would show you to prove it but I don't so you'll just have to take my word for it. So watching this movie was kind of like seeing Grandma act her little heart out on the big screen, which was fun (although she looked even more like Queen Elizabeth than Helen Mirren all made-up did).

Well, I hope you enjoyed my movie reviews. I doubt you'll get another one for several months!

4 comments:

Jenn S. said...

Welcome home!

Yay - I want to see all of those movies, sound great!

Elizabeth said...

Welcome home! Thanks for the movie reviews!

Likely said...

I haven't gone to a movie with my husband since the remake of willie wonka.

we're lame.

Amy Christine said...

You're not alone, Tiff. I think the last movie Ben and I saw together was that boxer one with Hilary Swank and that was forever ago!