This afternoon I took Noah to get his haircut (he looks freaking adorable, by the way). The hairdresser was really impressed with him and kept saying how good he was being. Then at one point she needed him to look down so I crouched down and started talking to him so he would look down at me while she trimmed the back of his hair. Anyway, after hearing the conversation between us, the hairdresser was commenting on how smart Noah was. She said, "Wow, he is so smart! What do you do? Are you a teacher or something? He's just so smart!" I answered that I'm a stay-at-home mom and, in a very confused tone of voice, she said, "Oh... well, what does his dad do?" Because clearly I couldn't have contributed to his intelligence if I'm just a stay-at-home mom. His smarts must have come from his dad. I just sit home and drool. Ugh, I so wanted to make some sort of retort but of course I didn't. I just answered politely that he's a financial advisor. And I still tipped her too. Sometimes I hate being so nice.
I have to agree with her about Noah though - he is really smart! Seriously, it amazes me sometimes. And I think he may have a photographic memory. Last night during dinner he started listing his letters. He'll normally go in alphabetical order of course, but last night he started listing them randomly (or so I thought). He said, "Q and W and E and R and T and Y and U and I and O and P!" Look familiar to anyone? That's the top line of the letters on the computer keyboard. He then proceeded to do the other two lines of the keyboard in exact order. SMARTY!!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just for the record, when I first heard her comment about "What does his father do?" I didn't take it as you did and my first impression was that she was thinking, "that is great she can stay home and be with her sons, her husband must make good money for her to be able to do that."
I think she knows you are a smarty pants. Who wouldn't know that?
Hopefully that's what she meant, but it was really more the way she said it. Her tone was definitely one of confusion. But I can be a bit touchy in that area so who knows. :)
I'm so happy you're back to blogging! I've missed you!
Post a Comment