Sunday, December 16, 2007

ZaZa Party

On Thursday night Ben and I went downtown to spend the evening at the Hotel ZaZa for Ben's company Christmas party. The Zaza is a very swanky hotel (one which we saw featured the next night on TV when we were watching this random show called "Houston, Over the Top" as one of the best places in Houston to pick up a rich guy - just so you know). Ben's company had rented out the 12th floor and the holiday party flowed through each of the unbelievable hotel suites on that floor. There was a Texas Tycoon suite, a Rock Star suite, a James Bond suite and a couple of others. The food was awesome (different cuisine in each room) - steak, garlic mashed potatoes, veggie cabobs, stuffed mushrooms, jumbo shrimp, sushi (which, as it turns out, I'm a big fan of!), a brushetta bar, chocolate-dipped strawberries, mini burgers, mini chili dogs, brie with warm raspberries (yum), and of course an open bar (translation for me = bottomless cokes). At first we were skeptical of the set-up since there were so many different rooms to go to, but I ended up really liking it because you could roam around and not feel like you had to mingle more than you wanted to (does that sound anti-social?). Anyway, all in all a fun night. Thanks to Andrea for watching my boys (I watched her daughter the previous night for her husband's work party - gotta love the baby swap!).

P.S. Thanks, Ash, for your help with my new Christmas header! Credits here.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE the new header!

Ashby said...

One hot mama! You look awesome Amy! And reading about all the food is making me hungry (despite this dang stomach bug I got from my girls....ugh!).

Jenn S. said...

So cute - you guys are all swanky looking.

We have a Za Za here in Dallas too. We stayed there when Marc's company had us out on our "sell" weekend and *loved* it, they upgraded us to a concept suite that was just amazing - dining room, living room etc.

I'm jealous!

Melissa said...

Hi Aim.
I forgot to say that your mantle looks so cute. I especially like the trains--I bet the boys do, too.

Liza Jane said...

You guys look great! Love the dress, Amy! And that party sounds really cool.