Phew! These last couple of days have been nutty. Nothing out of the ordinary was even going on, but I just feel like I have been going nonstop. I finally just had a chance to eat lunch (it's 3pm). This morning started out smoothly. I wrapped some Christmas presents and went to the post office to mail off 4 packages. The trip was nice and uneventful. So, since it went so quickly and we were near Barnes and Noble I told Noah we could stop by and play with Thomas the Train for a few minutes in the kids section of the bookstore. (By the way, this is why I have crazy days. Heaven forbid I just have a few extra minutes without filling them up with something). Anyway, I discovered that 2 years olds don't so much understand what "we can only stay for 1/2 hour" means. He was doing great until another little girl snatched a train from him a few minutes before we had to go. That set him off and he hadn't recovered yet when I told him we had to leave. Boy, was he mad! So we get out to the car and I'm feeling all flustered because an entire bookstore full of people were listening to my child cry. We start driving away when I discovered I left my cell phone in the store. Back we go to find a parking spot, get the kids out, go back to the train table and back to the car. On the way back I tried to explain to Noah (with as much patience as I could muster!) that it's very nice of Mommy to let him play with Thomas the Train and he needs to just be happy that he got to play and not get so upset when it's time to go and that it's very frustrating when he acts like that. Well, he listened to me and then said in his tear-filled voice, "I'm frustrated too." Then when he was talking to Ben on the phone (calms him down immediately) the first thing he said after "Hi Daddy" was "So frustrating with Thomas the Train!" Funny how, even when I'm having a difficult time with Noah he can be so cute!
Well, Noah's waking up; break-time is over!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such a good patient little mother. Just remember these cute times will pass and then you will wonder where the time with your children went when you are alone with lots of time on your hands! Enjoy them now!
Post a Comment