Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Four Months Old

Well, I'm three days late on this, but here are Sam's 4-month froggy pictures:

He is such a happy baby, it makes me smile just to look at him. As I mentioned in an earlier post, he can roll now from his back to his tummy (to which his big brother always says "Great job, Peanut!") but he hasn't figured out how to get back yet. However, he tolerates being on his tummy for longer now and is getting really good at holding his neck up in that position and pushing up on his arms. As you can tell in the picture, he loves to suck on his fist these days. It seems his hand is always in his mouth - maybe he's teething already? Seems a little early, but I don't really remember when teething usually starts so who knows. He's such a love though - he'll just smile at everybody and he gets lots of oohs and aahs over his two big dimples. He's a good sleeper too, for the most part. He doesn't require anything (bouncing, rocking, holding, nursing) in order to sleep - he just lays in his bassinet and falls quietly asleep and he takes great naps (I'm still amazed by this, it's so different from when his brother was an infant...). At 1 month Sam started sleeping 8 hour stretches at night and by 2 months he was sleeping all night long, the little love. For some reason, when we moved to Texas he stopped that though. He's slept all night a few times since, but usually he wakes up once (occasionally twice) now. Weird. He's still so little that I'm not concerned or even bothered by it really. Especially since I know he has it in him to sleep all night. Plus, he seems genuinely hungry when he wakes up. In fact, it's actually a really sweet time when the house is all dark and quiet and I just get to hold and nurse and snuggle with my baby and actually give him some undivided attention. Don't get me wrong - I won't complain when he resumes sleeping all night, but it's nice to have a little alone time with him, even if it's just for a few minutes at 4am.

4 comments:

Jenn S. said...

Awww - he's so sweet - I love his little dimples. Isn't it funny how sleep patterns can change for no reason like that when they're little?

Andi Simiskey said...

Love the pics. Sam looks so happy!

Anonymous said...

What a charmer! He looks an awful lot like a couple of other Simiskeys that I know!

Anonymous said...

Amy--my baby Clayton did the exact same thing when we moved! It was so wierd-I couldn't figure out why he was all the sudden waking up again. He also cut 3 teeth pretty soon after we arrived. I finally had to just quit feeding him during his night wakings (pretty hard to do--I had Matt snuggle and rock him in the night because if I went in I always fed him!). And it only took a week or so of that until I guess he decided it wasn't worth waking up anymore if he wasn't getting fed. He's back to sleeping through the night. Yay.