Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Halloween Humbugs
I'm totally kicking myself for not taking Noah to a subdivision or neighborhood for Trick-or-Treating last night. We just stayed here and went around our apartment complex, but I discovered that apartment dwellers are a bunch of Halloween humbugs! I suppose I should have been a little more with it and realized beforehand that trick or treating around an apartment complex would be a bit boring. No decorations, not too many fellow trick-or-treaters, and very few participants. For every apartment that actually opened the door and handed out candy, we knocked on at least five doors. Fortunately, Noah is only two and doesn't know the difference so he still seemed to have a great time. He was so darling. He would walk up to the door and knock, then run back to me and say "Now we wait!" When we got no response (most of the time), he didn't get sad or discouraged or anything - he would just say "Try another one!" When someone would come to the door Noah would say "Trick or treat!" and then he would thank them for the candy. One man generously gave Noah a huge handful of candy and Noah looked up at him and said "Thank you sooooo much!" Toward the end of the trick-or-treating he started saying "Happy Halloween!" when we walked away. Sam was so patient the whole evening. He just sat quietly in the stroller, sucking his thumb and looking around. That's my mellow Sam for you. Anyway, all in all we still had a fun night, even though we missed out on the fun neighborhood trick-or-treating experience. I hope ya'll (see, I'm a Texan now) had a great Halloween too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The expatriate ward here in Singapore had Trunk or Treating and even the Chinese children loved it! Maybe you should suggest it to your Primary President. Lake Jackson Ward does it every year! At least Noah was patient with the non-participants! What a love!
Post a Comment