Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Incentive Program

So I've decided that I should start making some sort of an effort to get my post-baby belly back into shape. I'm not too far off, but I still can't fit into my favorite jeans and darn it, I really miss them. I'll just pre-emt my mom's inevitable comment about this by saying that I know it's only been a few months (well, 3 1/2) and I know I should allow my body 9 months to get back since it took 9 months to grow the baby. Still, it wouldn't kill me to do a few crunches. Since I'm about the worst self-motivator ever, I've come up with a personal incentive program. I thought about one of my life's best simple pleasures that I would really hate to go without: coke. Yummy, yummy coke. I enjoy one every day when I put my boys down for their naps. So I've decided that I will not allow myself to drink my one can of coke a day until I have done at least 25 stomach crunches. I know what many (or all) of you are thinking: perhaps not drinking coke would do wonders toward fitting back into my favorite jeans. But that would be crazy-talk. So I've just done my crunches and now I'm off to enjoy my coke.

3 comments:

Andi Simiskey said...

Enjoy the coke Amy! I need to work on losing my baby weight too! (ha ha!) You can do it though! I'm sure those jeans will fit again really soon!

Anonymous said...

Okay. . .may I just say that your jeans don't fit because you are normally abnormally thin. Also, the crunches won't help--it's your hips that need to get back in place. I only mention this because now you can stop the crunches and just realize that in a few months your hips will be back in their proper place and voila. . .you'll be back in your jeans, no exercise necessary!

Anonymous said...

Ah, exercise -- the ban of womanhood! I do, however, love your incentive program! Coke is always a good motivator! Those jeans will fit soon enough.