Thursday, November 02, 2006

Little Things

Tonight I went out to dinner with some girls and when I got home there was a long line of candy in the middle of the front room. Apparantly Noah had had a great time lining pieces of his Halloween candy up one by one. The line was completely straight too. Ben told me that at one point he accidentally nudged a couple of pieces out of line. When this caught Noah's eye, he went over to make them straight again, mumbling "this way" under his breath. He's such a funny little boy. It's amazing how much you can miss your kids even if you're just away from them for a few hours (and even if you really needed a break from them!). I went into his room just now to check on him and just stared at my beautiful little boy for a few minutes. He looked so cute and content, all stretched out on his back with his hands behind his head. I almost wanted him to wake up and ask me to "make a story."

I took Sam with me to dinner and he was so good the whole time. He fell asleep in the car on the way there but woke up at the restaurant and it must have given him a second wind or something because he took forever to get to sleep after we got home (which is weird for Sam - normally I can put him down if he's tired and he just lays there quietly until he drifts off). He was so funny though. Ben was holding him and talking to him and Sam thought that it was just the funniest thing ever. He was gurgling and cooing and chuckling away. He is in such a fun phase. He loves interaction and gets so excited when you look at him and smile or talk to him. He gets this instant, enormous grin (complete with huge dimples) and kicks his legs up and bobbles his head around and laughs.

I'm a lucky mama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Good Incentive program - I like it. Umm and I really like a good Coke (has to be Coke and none of that Diet garbage either)too. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun time for you with the boys! You and Ben are really blessed to have such handsome, fun, smart, healthy boys!