Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. This is the first time since Ben and I have been married that we didn't travel out of state for the holiday. Instead, we went to visit Ben's oldest brother Stan and sister-in-law Tina and their 6 kids. They live in Nederland, about 2 hours away, so we were able to make it a day trip. One of the many things we are thankful for this year is living closer to some family. We had a blast with them, and of course had a delicious Thanksgiving feast (thanks Stan & Tina!). Noah was soooooo excited about seeing his Simiskey cousins. He talked about it for a week beforehand and he's been talking about them all day today. It was so cute to see him with them yesterday - he just looked so happy all day long. He would run in from playing with them outside and tell us about what they were doing ("So much fun with rocks!" "So much fun on the scooter!") and then run back out to keep playing. All our nieces and nephews were all so adorable with Noah - they all really looked out for him and took his hand and were so fun with him. Such great kids. Here are a bunch of pictures from the day:

Noah and Sam with their cousins - Sarah, Colin, Laney, Jack, Zach and Charlie.

Noah and Charlie (at one point Noah lost track of Charlie and kept looking around for him saying "Hey! Where Charlie go?" with his hands up-turned; when he found him he said "There it is!")

Sarah, Noah, Ben and Sam with one of their little kittens. Noah was fascinated by them and kept telling us how cute and little they were. He thought it was so fun to pet and hold the kittens. Although, after awhile he got tired of holding this one and said "It's ugly!" so Sarah would take it back.

Sam kicking back to watch some Thanksgiving football with Daddy.

Ben and his brother Stan.

Me and Sam with Tina and her adorable turkey cake (Sam looks like he's ready to dig into it, doesn't he?).


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish we could have spent the holiday together, but it looks like you had a great time! Happy Thanksgiving to my adorable nephews and their mom and dad!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Sorry we missed it! I need copies of those pictures! They are great! I haven't seen a single picture of Stan, Tina nor the grandkids since I took some last March when I was at their house.

Amy Christine said...

Sandy, if you click on the pictures you should be able to save them to your computer. I think. If not, let me know and I'll print out copies for you!