Thursday, November 16, 2006

Naptime At Last

I have written several posts about how sweet, cute, and funny Noah is. So it should be abundantly clear by now how much I love and adore that kid and how wonderful I think he is, right? Okay. Then I feel I can proceed...

Today my firstborn is driving me crazy. I can only assume it has something to do with his missed nap yesterday catching up to him. Or perhaps it's the fact that he is two and prone to, well, acting two from time to time. Whatever the reason, we have had a difficult day today. He has been completely ignoring anything I say, I had to physically pin him down to finally get his clothes on him this morning, he ran away from me and straight toward a crowded parking lot when we were leaving our play date at the mall (which was for him, by the way), he went "boneless" on me several times this morning (translation: went all limp when I would try to hold his hand so he would come with me), and I have heard such fun comments as:

"Hey! That's mine!"
"I want to go this way NOW!"
"Stop it!"
"No, I want to ____________" (fill in with just about anything except what I was wanting him to do)
"I want ___________" (fill in names of people that were not mommy)

As you can probably surmise by all of this, Noah was incredibly exhausted and immediately konked out at naptime so hopefully our afternoon will be a little bit better.

3 comments:

Andi Simiskey said...

I had one of those days with Olivia yesterday. She was crazy! But I love her ohhh sooo much!

Jenn S. said...

Ooh - aren't those days just the best? I reccommend lots of "Little Einsteins" on the repeat function. :)

Anonymous said...

What?! Are you telling me that my grandson is normal? How cute! This, too, shall pass! I promise -later there will be the teen years, but don't start worrying about that now!